My blogging friend, Kirstiie, author of Tribe of Mannequins has nominated me to receive the Liebster Blog Award (thanks, sugar!). I learned from K that the title’s meaning translates from German to English as “Most favorite.”
Here’s How It Works:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Kirstiie’s Questions for Me:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I’m a fiction writer and am always interested in exploring new avenues with my writing; I’ve always wanted to do an especially beauty-focused writing project.
2. What is your favourite past time, other than blogging?
As a Florida girl, raised at the beach, my favorite thing to do is enjoy the beauty the Sunshine State state offers—but, I always remember to apply/reapply sunscreen every 45 minutes
3. What is your profession?
I’m a professional Aesthetician, Lash Stylist, and Makeup Artist.
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
My secret dream was to work in the salon industry, but I always thought I’d be a large animal vet. I grew up riding horses and, when they were sick, we took them to the horse hospital at UF. The staff was so good to me and always let me sneak into the observation room to watch live surgeries!
5. What is your favourite trend this season?
I keep seeing more and more women coloring their hair red for fall/winter. I think it’s a nice transition color and is a little less harsh than trendier dramatic, dark hair. As a natural redhead, I think we should carry on the revolution!
6. Who is your beauty icon?
I’d have to say that I feel in love with Audrey Hepburn at an early age, but Bettie Page stole the show.
7. Tell us a secret
I sleep in a hair masque 2x/wk.
8. What do you look for in a good blog?
Good writing. I’ll read blogs, of which I would seemingly have no interest, if they’re written well.
9. Do you advocate non-animal tested beauty products and anti-fur, I hope so!
Of course, but I don’t necessarily exclude products which have been tested on animals.
10. Are you For or Against faux tan?
I’m totally for faux tanning if done well. As an Aesthetician, I know the #1 aging factor is the sun’s rays and look for opportunities to look good without completely frying my skin!
11. What past trend do you hope makes a comeback?
I was recently looking at my Mother’s photos from the 1970s and am diggin’ the bell-bottom look. I think they’d be a fun look for fall paired with a form-fitting, long-sleeved shirt and a cute pair of boots, clogs, or the right heels.
MY Questions to Nominees:
- What’s the #1 beauty product you can’t live without?
- What does beauty mean to you?
- Which beauty look do you like, but struggle to achieve?
- Which men’s trend of 2012 do you wish a man in your life would try?
- Which celebrity’s style do you like, or emulate?
- What characteristic do you especially look for in a blog?
- What’s the first blog you fell in love with?
- Who is your favorite Femme Fatale?
- We’ve all had beauty/fashion “oopsies.” What’s your oopsy?
- From time to time I write about my friends and family. How do the people in your life respond to the idea of themselves as subjects?
- In your opinion, what is the one book that should be read and re-read?